Friday, August 21, 2015

Frugal Friday

This week has been full of frugal past times.

I am still using up skeins and balls of leftover yarn knitting something to perhaps make some extra money.

I shopped a garage sale and bought a used knitting machine for about 1/6 th of what a new one would cost.

We actually had three "meatless" meals this week and I am hoping to continue this for at least two meals a week for the rest of the year.

I have packaged leftover meat and froze it to be used in another meal this week. Something I try to do every Sunday with the leftover meat from roasts or chicken.

Continued with my frugal exercise each and every morning. I have now started doing 2 walks everyday and am up to 24 blocks.

Gotten free plums and apples from the neighbour which I have processed or will process for winter use.

My exercise today consisted of my two walks plus picking in the garden.

Another basket of tomatoes and cucumbers. The ripest tomatoes will be frozen and I am going to try my hand at dehydrating the cucumbers.

I also helped Harvey put together this....

First the roof. Then I was told not to take anymore pictures until it was done.

So here it is.....
Now Harvey can BBQ even in the rain. We even have a place that we can sit while it is raining. Love it!!!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment