Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Recipe Wednesday

I was busy today making more apple pie filling from the apples I received from my next door neighbour.

I don't think I have shared this recipe with you all before and it does make a wonderful addition to your freezer stash.

I use a great many recipes from Company's Coming cookbooks and this is one of my favorites.

Apple Pie Filling

5 c peeled, cored, cut up apples
1 c sugar
2 tbsp Minute tapioca
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I use a bit more)
1 tsp fresh or bottled lemon juice

Combine apples and sugar in a large pot. Stir. Let stand until juice starts to be released. Stir as you bring it to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute. Mix in the remaining ingredients and bring back to a hard boil. Boil 1 minute.

The cook book says to pack it in sterilized jars and process in a water bath for 20 minutes.

The recipe makes 1 quart, which is enough for one pie.

I usually use my biggest pot and do 4X the recipe. I pack the pie filling into plastic containers that will make two pies when thawed. After all once I get started making pies I make quite a few at once.

Hope you all enjoy this and it helps you to use up those excess apples.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment