Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Since I Can't......

The title of this post is a teeny bit out, but seemed to suit. With the basement still in a state of turmoil, and the floors being slightly dusty, Hubby thought it best if I did not try and sandwich my Butterfly quilt at this time. After all the work I have put into it I wouldn't want to ruin it in any way.

Soooo, what to do.

My fall/winter wardrobe is in desperate need of some long sleeved pretty tops, and some pants. Knowing this I decided it was time to go through the rather extensive fabric stash and use some more of it up.

First up

Three tops (I am going to use the long sleeved view). Two solid polyester crepe ones and a patterned baby wale corduroy one. I figure that there may even be enough of the red crepe to make something else as well. Just not sure what as of yet.

Next

This longer tunic style top out of the khaki brown knit I have had lying around for a few years.

My next project will be this top (the greenie yellow one) to be worn with jeans and leggings. It is a bit more fitted than I like but hopefully will still look okay.

Lastly I need some pants as well. So I will be using the next pieces of fabric to make two pairs of pants. I have a simple pattern with an elastic waist so these will not take any time at all to make. I have used this pattern to make the short jacket so I know what kind of changes to make to it so the fit is right.


Well I think this will more than make up for being unable to finish my quilt. Still using up fabric before I make another trip to the big city and stock up on more.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





2 comments:

  1. You are so clever Jackie, all of those tops look really stylish, you will have a lovely winter wardrobe.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dearly love the tunics and leggings with boots...this seems to be my winter time wardrobe thru the last couple of yrs...I love scarves, too, which are so popular but they nearly choke me to death..if I wear one, I leave it untied...never could wear turtle necks, either...
    Good luck on all your sewing....

    ReplyDelete