Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Thrifty Tuesday

I have been a good girl the last two days. No spending, using items up, and mending.

Mending wise I fixed the seam on a skirt, fixed the underwire on a bra, and sewed on a couple of missing buttons. I have a few t-shirts of Hubby's that need to be mended but will do those another day, once I figure out the best way to do so.

I am working on Kurt's Christmas gift using aida cloth I had on hand as well as embroidery floss from my stash. So far so good and I am hoping to get it finished by the end of the month. Then it will just be framing the two cross stitch pictures (his and his brother's) and I even have some old frames I can use!!!

I used up the eggplants making moussaka for supper last night and there is enough for supper tomorrow. Tonight I used up the leftover shredded cabbage to make slaw (just had to shred a couple of garden carrots to add).

I talked to my friend today and her water/recycle/garbage bill was close to $300.00, ours was only $187.00. I think our water saving ideas are starting to pay off. I wash dishes twice a day by hand, we don't continually water our lawn (the city water doesn't seem to do much anyway, we just water enough to keep it alive), use rain water to water our plants and the garden whenever possible, and unless we are doing dirty work only shower every second day. So far this seems to be working. I also only wash full loads, which means washing once a week (my friend seems to be always doing a load or two). I have tried to tell her that conserving water is more than just only using the dishwasher every second day (she still washes pots and such by hand every day) but while I have convinced her she has been unable to convince her husband.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment