Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Thrifty Tuesday

The weather has been strange the last week. One day is almost summer like, the next we are back to below freezing or just above. It is very hard to know how to dress, but at least I have not transferred my fall winter wardrobe out of the closet. That will be a job for later this month.

The usual thrifty happenings around the homestead once again.

Harvey bottled the Shiraz, which came in at about the $4.50 a bottle much lower than buying it at the store and the thirty bottles we got from the kit will last us awhile. Right now he is cooking (don't know what else to call it) a white wine that will come in at around the same price.

The BBQ lighter (the sparker) broke over the winter. Harvey managed to find a new one on sale and he fixed the old BBQ right up. He then spent some time cleaning it all up. My do those things get dirty over the winter months.

This morning I noticed that the hood on my zip up fleece was coming undone by the zipper. I spent a few minutes with a needle and thread early this morning. Now the jacket will last a bit longer.

Meals have been made out of what I have on hand, and I have even managed to use a few items up in the crisper. Much less in the way of food waste happening on the old homestead, this makes me very happy. Leftovers are recycled into another meal, or fashioned into a whole new one.

Walking in the mornings lately has taken a back seat. I am no longer having as many dizzy spells so hopefully will get back to enjoying the early mornings with my walk. I really miss the chance to get out and see what is growing.

I had a wonderful piece of news today. Kris sent me a text saying he actually had Monday of next week off as well. He will be home Thursday after work and actually be staying with us for a real long weekend. Must remember to text him that perhaps he should bring Ray (the grand cat) with him since he will be home for a longer time.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I had a bout of vertigo a year or so ago, so I know how annoying it is. It went of it's own accord eventually. I very occasionally get a little dizziness if I bend down, but it hasn't really troubled me since, thankfully. I hope yours resolves itself too.

    ReplyDelete