Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sunday Ramblings

It is late so this will be a quick post.

The weather is turning cold once again, so I am very content to stay home and work on this years budget. I finished it today (good thing as I will need to start entering data very soon). I tried to keep things the same but I did end up having to add a bit in certain areas. We are keeping our fingers crossed that perhaps as the year progresses we will be able to reduce some expenditures.

I also finished off February's menu plans. Since the first day of next month falls in the middle of the upcoming week this needed to be done. There are a few meals that I will be cooking larger amounts just so I can freeze the leftovers for another meal later. While not really batch cooking it is about as close as I get to doing so.

Everbody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. Keeping yearly costs down is an ongoing problem. Costa just keep rising while income stays the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is a battle we have to keep fighting to stay on top of things.

      Delete
    2. While we do know some of the increases to our monthly costs, others are still in the figuring out stage. Electrical costs are set to rise 3.5% in March of this year, and property taxes 1% this year. While it doesn't seem like much individually, added together in a year though... Wow.

      God bless.

      Delete