Friday, June 29, 2018

Frugal Friday

This used to be one of my happiest days of the week. Work was done for both Harvey and I, and we had a whole two days where we could more or less relax. Now that we are retired Friday is no different than any other day unless Kris comes home. Kind of miss those days.

My frugals for this week.

1.  Working on using up more yarn in my yarn stash. I am making ruffle scarves. They make wonderful small gifts for hostesses, and those whose birthdays I get mysteriously invited to.

2.  Used rain water to water my plants. Great thing was at times I only had to water those plants that are sheltered. We have had rain over the last week at least every second day. Keeping that water barrel full even after it has been used,

3.  Used up most of the frozen packaged up cooked meat in the fridge freezer.

4.  Baked bread on one of our cooler days.

5.  Now I don't know how other Co-ops work, but ours gives a cash back yearly. Usually this is given in June and I collected our cheque. Well when I went shopping I used it to pay for our groceries along with some coupons. Cut our bill by almost $50.00!!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment: