As far as the chokecherries are concerned I hope to make chokecherry jelly and I have a recipe for chokecherry syrup that my sister-in-law says is absolutely wonderful on pancakes and French toast.
So what frugal escapades was I up to this week.
1. We had been opening the windows at night to cool off the house, but the last two nights we kept them closed as it was very warm outside.
2. Moving the solar lights around in the garden. Hopefully I will only have to pick up a few replacements. I get them at our Dollar Store so they are very inexpensive. They usually last three or four years so only cost about fifty cents a year.
3. Used up all leftovers in the fridge this week. Nothing at all wasted, and managed to clear a few items out of the pantry that were getting close to the use by dates.
4. Washed almost all the winter coats. There are two I really need to take to the cleaners, but I am not sure we have a cleaners here any longer.
5. Used up lots of single fold bias tape. Slowly but surely the sewing supplies and craft supplies are being used.
6. Put $60.00 in the savings envelope, and $2.95 in the change jars.
7. Because we have a Prime subscription I was able to get a free trial of AcornTV and I am binge watching that more or less for free.
Not my best frugal week, but really not too bad overall.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.