Another Thursday has rolled around, and as I did the budget entries today for last month, I am really happy to note that my thrifty and frugal ways are paying off. Once again we were well under total budget for the month. I would still like to get a few budget lines down even further, but that depends on the weather and the harvest from the garden.
So what thrifty things have I been busy with over the last week? Many are the usual weekly things I try and keep up with and I have had to rack my poor brain to think of any new things I have done this week.
We moved one long planter this week and I purchased some in distress plants for 50% off to put in it. They should come back with some care.
Made sure the rain barrel was getting filled during our rain yesterday (we got 1/2 inch) and hopefully we can get it filled completely with the next rain.
Looking for foraging spots and have found a couple where I can pick chokecherries. I am hoping my friend has a bumper crop of raspberries again this year and she gets me to pick a pail or two.
Found some deadfall while out walking and Harvey and I took the wheelbarrow and cut it up for the firepit.
I had a few partial spools of black and grey thread and have used up a black spool and a grey spool on the robe I am sewing. Either colour could be used and I get to clear my thread board a bit.
I also patched together some single fold binding in order to use it up on the robe. Looks pretty darn good.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.