Monday, July 20, 2026

Menu Monday

 


Keep in mind that this menu could and probably will change due to me wanting to use up all that I can before we leave the country.


Monday

Leftover Tuna Pasta Salad, along with some hamburger buns made into Cheese topped garlic bread.

Tuesday

I need to check, but I think there is either leftover chicken, beef roast, pork roast that needs to be used up. This means something will be done with that and any extra put into a container for youngest when he comes home to look after the garden for us. I also have some cucumber salad to go with.

Wednesday

Soup and sandwiches. I am leaning to tuna melts using the hamburger buns. I think I might make 1/2 the asparagus into soup.

Thursday

Sweet and Sour Ribs, rice and asparagus. There is lettuce so I may make a tossed salad as well.

Friday

Fake crab made up into a creamed style meal. Served over the remaining hamburger buns and the remains of the tossed salad.

Saturday

Leftover Sweet and Sour Ribs and rice. I will probably slice some veggies to serve with dip. 

Sunday

Chicken strips, creamed new potatoes, and perhaps a salad of some kind.


Slowly getting things used up and cleared out of the fridge and fridge freezer. There will probably be a few items we take to Kris's instead of allowing them to go to waste.


10 comments:

  1. You sure have a good plan and it all sounds good. No waste is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Monday menu plans always sound so delicious Jackie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu sounds delicious. Jackie. I have a recipe for tuna pasta salad that Bailey really enjoys and I’ve not made in a while. Your Monday dinner reminded me of it, so thank you.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also cooking from the freezer to empty as much as possible before the garden "comes on". I am amazed how much food I put up last fall. Why is the freezer still not empty???? This past week I have used 15 packs: vac sealed fresh produce or leftovers/precooked gr beef, rice, black beans, shredded cheese......and there is still more!

    Happy travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always so impressed on how you can plan meals for the entire week on a Monday. Most of the time, I plan meals every morning at breakfast. You are much more organized than me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work getting your freezer cleared out! I have a ton of chicken broth I need to be using. I haven't cooked much (lots of travel), so we've been defaulting to easier/low prep meals, so the chicken broth hasn't gotten much action lately. - Hawaii Planner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the using hamburger buns for garlic toast. I doing that with hotdogs buns after 6 brats but oack of 8 buns. Im just avoiding grocery shopping in general as I want a nice clean refrigerator for hosting Friday night. My spending months end the 26th so trying to keep spending to as needed thus week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just reading this reminds me to clean out my freezer. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete