Friday, July 24, 2026

Towards A Simple Life

 


Sometimes the difficulty in living or moving towards a simpler life are the obstructions you or others seem to put in your way. 

I get questioned quite often on why we don't go out and eat or order in more often. I usually say it is because I love to cook and we have a full freezer and a full pantry. I also know what is in the food I prepare, and we do go out for a meal or order in every so often, especially when I have been extremely busy in the garden or cleaning the house.

Sometimes I am asked why we don't travel more. I usually say it is because I love my home and enjoy spending time with my flowers, processing the garden, or working on projects inside. It isn't that we couldn't, but I do find the lead up to traveling to be a bit overwhelming at times. Traveling to visit our sons is different and easy. Traveling to a cottage in a National Park here in Canada is easy as well. It is traveling overseas that causes me angst.

Then of course there is the obstacles I put in front of myself. There are times I find it very difficult to rid myself of those things we no longer need or use. I also find it hard to rid myself of bits and bobs of yarn (getting better as I can use those to pull my warp together, make mittens or toques for Kurt's school). Still I have yarn enough to last another decade, fabric to last at least a year, and other craft supplies that would probably last years as well. Still I am slowly working my way through everything and things are slowly being cleared out bit by bit.

Still both of us are working towards a slower, more intentional life. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.

P.S. 
Photos to be put up tomorrow over what we have been accomplishing so far this month.

1 comment:

  1. You've been keeping busy as always. Looking forward to seeing the photos of your projects.
    Exciting that the trip is coming up so soon. I do hope you're not flying WestJet as it's hard to know what job action the attendants might take.

    ReplyDelete