This city was entirely rebuilt in the 1970's. When the dam was built the old city was completely flooded (which happened to many of the small towns and villages at that time). We actually stayed on board once again as I was tired and a bit sore.
We played shuffleboard for a bit and rested on our deck. Later that evening we got our details about disembarking from the ship and the number of the bus we would be on.
There was also a talk by the Program director about the excursions that would be happening the next day.
Supper about killed us as far as food and alcohol. We were served two different brandies from Romania, a Romanian wine, three appetizers, a typical Romanian salad, then our taste of Romania main course. To finish all off there were 5 small desserts for each of us. So full I could hardly walk once done (okay slight exaggeration). Later in the evening we went to the lounge and took part in a movie quiz, listened to George play and sing.
Some pictures of our meal. I seem to have missed the desserts. We left for Turnu Severin at about 5 and docked there at 9 pm.
Tomorrow we have an excursion early and then head through the Iron Gates. A series of locks to lower us to the rest of the river.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.





So fascinating!
ReplyDeleteOh I bet the locks were interesting. I was so fascinated when we went through the Panama Canal several years ago. A smaller ship on a river would be amazing!
ReplyDelete