Thrifty and Frugal
I have closely been watching prices rising, mostly because of the cost of fuel to ship things. I am also noticing more and more Canadian goods on shelves, which is a very good thing. There are times that I wish I lived in a bigger center with more choice, but I will continue to save costs grocery wise where and how I can.
So far the thrifty and frugal things I am doing is making the most of the harvest. I have frozen carrots, and beans. Dehydrated herbs, scraps from onions (ground to make onion powder), and have started to freeze tomatoes (the skins will be dehydrated to make tomato powder). I have made pickled onions, relish, Cowboy candy, salsa, and chili sauce. The way the tomatoes are coming in I will need to find something else to can with those as well. I even froze some corn on the cob!!!
Soon I will be making pumpkin puree as well. I will also be dehydrating lavender leaves.
Life is just one big harvest right now.
I am using the appliances to cook more of our food, and hope to get used to doing that a great deal more.
I made a great many ready meals for the freezer and am going to be making a few more. These are in tinfoil containers that I can throw into the toaster oven to reheat.
I am only purchasing meat that is on sale, and trying to stock up on canned meat that is on sale as well.
I purchased a make your own K-cup and will soon give up purchasing the ready made ones. I need one more plus the paper filters so I can make some ahead and store in airtight containers to save time.
I refashioned one dress into a skirt, and the other dress into a top and skirt (it was a very long dress).
Walking for exercise and watching what I eat so as to keep up the weight loss.
Not turning on the heat as of yet. It isn't that cold when I get up in the morning that my robe and slippers won't keep me toasty.
Mending some seams and hems, fixed a few buttons, and patched a pair of Harvey's work pants.
Hung clothes on the lines.
The air conditioning hasn't come on in a couple of days which is great.
That is pretty much all I can remember right now. I will share pictures of the garden processing perhaps tomorrow.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment