Friday, September 18, 2026

Weekly Roundup

 


It has been a busy week here on the old homestead. I have been not only doing the household tasks, but also helping Harvey with the carport set up. That is done for awhile as we are getting lots of rain, and the cement footings need to harden and season before we anchor the posts down and put the roof on. I would say at least another two weeks of work need to be done before we can say it is completed.

Then there was a problem with the plumbing that Hubby did on the bath/shower. He used regular steel joints instead of stainless steel and that caused rust to flow out of the taps.... I had thought I would need to turn into plumber's apprentice but Harvey managed to do so on his own.

That gave me time to do a few more harvesting tasks.

So today I dehydrated onions and lavender.



The lavender is for eldest and I hope to get another three trays done tomorrow.

The onions have been ground down to make onion powder.

Other dehydrating took place as well. I did the sage, oregano, thyme, parsley, and probably what is the last of the basil. 

Then I moved on to dehydrating jalapeno peppers.


I also dried more goji berries.

Lots more ripening that will need picking.

I made chili sauce and salsa (didn't get a picture of the salsa before I put it away).


Oops made an error I did get a picture of the salsa.


What I didn't get was the 5 pint bags of frozen tomatoes I also processed.

When I wasn't processing garden harvest, I was knitting, or refashioning some of my clothing. I managed to change two of my dresses into skirts, and one top. Plus some of the clothing had already been taken apart to be used as fabric for other projects.

I visited a friend in the hospital, did the shockingly high cost grocery shop (hope not to have to do another until the beginning of October). I also paid the middle of the month bills, and did a bit of sorting in the sewing/craft room (more work needs doing). 

Pretty sure next week will be much the same as this week, minus the carport, and plumbing.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment