Then there was a problem with the plumbing that Hubby did on the bath/shower. He used regular steel joints instead of stainless steel and that caused rust to flow out of the taps.... I had thought I would need to turn into plumber's apprentice but Harvey managed to do so on his own.
That gave me time to do a few more harvesting tasks.
So today I dehydrated onions and lavender.
The onions have been ground down to make onion powder.
Other dehydrating took place as well. I did the sage, oregano, thyme, parsley, and probably what is the last of the basil.
Then I moved on to dehydrating jalapeno peppers.
I also dried more goji berries.
I made chili sauce and salsa (didn't get a picture of the salsa before I put it away).
What I didn't get was the 5 pint bags of frozen tomatoes I also processed.
When I wasn't processing garden harvest, I was knitting, or refashioning some of my clothing. I managed to change two of my dresses into skirts, and one top. Plus some of the clothing had already been taken apart to be used as fabric for other projects.
I visited a friend in the hospital, did the shockingly high cost grocery shop (hope not to have to do another until the beginning of October). I also paid the middle of the month bills, and did a bit of sorting in the sewing/craft room (more work needs doing).
Pretty sure next week will be much the same as this week, minus the carport, and plumbing.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.








That must have been a unique fragrance - onions and lavender.
ReplyDeleteJust reading and looking at the photos is making me very hungry!
Have a beautiful weekend, Jackie.
Dont those jars of your processed tomatoes look nice. It's always a good feeling isnt it. Back in the day I used to bottle peaches, we have have the most wonderful peaches called Go,den Queens. Not sure if they are just in New Zealand or sold worldwide. And I used to make a lot of jam too, I love plum jam especially.
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy. SO many good things from your harvest. It sure feels good to be able to grow things and make something wonderful from them for the winter ahead.
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of dehydrating!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of lovely tomato and chilli sauce. Should keep you going for a while.
ReplyDeleteYou'll be so pleased with your work come January! Ive got too much fresh food ingredients in my refrigerator right now, so meal prep and freezing is in order.
ReplyDeleteGoodness gracious...the only time you sit down is when you are knitting! Unless you are able to walk and knit at the same time. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're definitely setting yourself up well for the upcoming winter.
I don't think you ever stop! My life is pretty leisurely compared to yours. But that's okay we're all different.
ReplyDeleteYou've been super busy, Jackie. kudos to you and Harvey on all the hard work you've accomplished this week. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are one busy girl so glad to have blogs back. I was seriously missing you!
ReplyDelete