Saturday, January 19, 2013

Quiet and Productive Saturday

Today has been just the kind of day I love. I did have a meeting to attend, but it only took about 45 minutes, and our next meeting will be by conference call. It is very cold here with the wind chill, but at least the sun is shining and the house was well heated by the south facing windows. It was the type of prairie day that makes you glad to be in a nice warm place.

This morning I worked on the Girl Guide project and got what I could done. I really need more white embroidery thread for my machine, but that will have to wait until the end of the month. I have 9 or 10 names yet to do.

Last night I tried a new recipe Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta. Turned out pretty darn good.





The recipe used up the leftover roast chicken from last Sundays meal and gave me enough to make up a frozen meal for Kris and leftovers for Harvey and I (might have to add other leftovers to make a meal, but that is not usually a problem).

Following my challenges to myself for this year I did not run out and buy the fresh mushrooms the recipe called for. Instead I opened a couple of cans that I had in the pantry and the recipe turned out just fine.

Supper tonight is meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn niblets. Using items from my freezer and pantry. Heck the corn is from our garden harvested, and prepared for the freezer in the fall. Inexpensive and filling meal.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment