Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Starting The New Year Right

Today is the second day of the month and for the second day in a row I have had a no spend day!! I am hoping for at least 20 this month if not more. You see I count spending on bills, fuel, groceries and those planned expenses that you can't get away from, allowable spend. I am going to try and keep my allowable spend to only 6 days this month. That leaves me with 5 days..... I am hoping that those will be no spend as well, but things happen.

I spent most of today getting work done around the house, bread baked and going for a short walk. Didn't expect it, but I got a call from one of the schools today asking if I would please sub for the next two days. I said yes, mainly because money coming in is good, and it keeps me from spending in stores. I am hoping to hold off on any purchases until Saturday, however milk is getting pretty low.

I also worked on my knitting today. I am making an afghan for a good friends newest grandbaby. Grandbaby has not arrived yet, but I know it is going to be a girl. So I picked yellow, green and pink as the colours. I am using up the remains of some other baby projects for this (I always knew that those leftover bits would come in handy) before starting to use new balls.


I am using my favorite Feather and Fan pattern (I think another name for it is Old Shale, but I am not too sure). It is the same pattern that my Mom used for years and each time I knit it I feel very close to her. Heck I think I am still using some of her yarn!!

Then later I pulled out my cutting table and set it up in the sewing/craft room. I cut some old denim up into squares to use for quilting, and pulled out my Go Baby which was a gift from Harvey a few years ago. I am now cutting strips from small scraps of material (and some larger) to make another strip quilt later this winter.


I should be able to finish a few more strips tonight and then do more tomorrow. I do love this machine it makes the job so very much easier.

Supper tonight was leftovers from a meal earlier in the week. So a very frugal meal got used up and the salad I made last night graced the table once again tonight.

All in all an extremely frugal and restful day. I am actually keeping my challenges to myself and having lots of fun doing so.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment