Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Ramblings

This week has gone by so very quickly it makes me think that the old saying about the older you get the quicker time flies by.

It has been a quiet day here on the homestead. I have managed to do a bit of work on my cord for my rug, and hopefully I will be sewing up a goodly portion tomorrow. I have also done some more organizing of my recipes. I am still trying to figure out how on earth I ended up with so many loose recipes. However I see an end in sight and by the end of the month I should have all of them cleared out and gone through.

Slowly but surely I am getting the house cleaned out from Christmas. All the candy is no longer sitting out tempting me. All that nibbling was getting to be a bit much.

Lately Mass has been moving along a bit faster. I don't know why as we leave nothing out and the pews are a little bit more occupied. I love listening to Father Brian's homilies. He always leaves us with a question that makes one want to do better. I only hope that he can stay with us for awhile. I think his homilies are far reaching, making each of the parishioners want to be more Christlike in manner and thought.

I am going to share with all of you the last project Harvey was working on. They are called "Lazy Cats" and he says he knows just where he is going to put them come spring.

Are they not the cutest things you have ever seen? Totally perfect for this cat loving household.

His next project is fixing the tree stands for the church. After that I don't know what his plans are. Hope he gets started on building me the tables and storage cubbies for my sewing/craft room. I do however have a feeling he is going to say I need to get rid of a few items first. Kind of like a general clean up.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment