Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday Storms On The Plains

You would think that living in Saskatchewan I would be used to scenes like this.


The ones where you can barely see down the hill into a valley due to driving snow. Well today actually started off very nicely, the sun was shining, the temperature was rising, and then..... The snow came. It started at about 11 am and continued non-stop until almost 6 this evening. Add in some lovely wind and there were white out conditions on the highways. Time to stay in and curl up.

I did stay in for most of the day. Harvey and I had an appointment with our financial adviser at the bank and so ventured out before the worst of the storm hit. Got our business done in record time and headed home.

Once home I found out that Kurt was storm stayed for another day and night at his friends. Hope he manages to get on the road home tomorrow. I did tell him I want a call when he leaves and a call when he arrives home.

I have a few pictures of my knitting and corking projects to share with all of you.

This is my prototype infinity scarf.

Next time I will make it a bit wider, but I do love the way the knit drapes.

Here is my corking project.

Just a tiny bit of what I hope will be a lovely rug for the dining room. Almost done this cream coloured ball and hopefully adding another colour very soon. I have a ball of green almost the colour of the afghan this is lying on which I will use next.

I have been continuing my sub goal of organizing recipes. I managed to do another small pile of those loose papers I have copied off the net. Some I tried and loved, some just did not strike my fancy. As a friend often says "Little bites of the elephant."

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




3 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie
    Your projects are lovely.
    Keep warm.....seems Mother Nature has a bone to pick with we humans !!
    Hugs
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, you're really coming along on that corking! You'll have a rug in no time. How do you sew it together without puckering ... seems to be a problem when I work with braids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie! I've never heard of corking- but it looks like a fun project and look forward to seeing the rug completed. The winter storms have hit here in Maryland- cold, icy and snow. Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete