Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Thrifty Tuesday

I haven't been very thrifty over the past week, but I suppose as thrift goes it wasn't too bad for this time of the year.

Planting time is never very inexpensive for us. Our growing season is so short that we buy mostly bedding plants rather then buying seed. I suppose if we had a place to actually start plants in greater number things would be different.

I did however use every single plant I bought, unusual for me as I usually over buy. We did cut down on container plantings this year (well I did and kind of regret it right now) but when watering with the rain barrel and watering can could and did take an hour, perhaps things were getting a bit out of hand. Mind you next year could see another movement back to the number of baskets and pots I do plant (people already say they are missing the riot of colour out front).

Now that everything is set up properly I will be posting some pictures of how things look and one of the benches Harvey made me to set my pots of herbs on.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment