Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday Ramblings

Quiet day, nothing much happening around the old homestead. It has warmed up some so that is a good thing. I do need to check what the overnight temperature is going to be as my bedding plants are sitting on the deck.... Freezing is no good for tender plants.

I had picked up some strange yarn a few months ago and am knitting a few spa cloths for the bath tub. Should give us enough abrasion when scrubbing to get all the ground in dirt from gardening off our hands and other portions of our anatomies this summer. I will post a picture when I get them finished.

Cut out the last of the three knit skirts, so next month I can get busy sewing them and the tops up. I have enough fabric left of one pattern to make a dress or pair of pants. I just don't know if I want pants covered in rather large flowers.

I learned something this week. I now know where many of our youth get their unsportsmanlike behaviour. Not from fellow youth, but from their parents. I say that because my Facebook page is filled with posts of hatred to our new Prime Minister from many (well mostly) who wanted our previous Prime Minister elected once again. Now they have started to attack his wife. I am tired of it and have started to block those posts. As I said to a friend, I didn't want the politician that won our Saskatchewan election to win, but since he did I will support him. After all we are a democratic country with the freedom to vote, the freedom to disagree, but not the freedom to slander, and cut down.

Everybody have a great day.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment