Saturday, September 10, 2016

Saturday Roundup

It has been a quiet week on the old homestead. Things seem to be revolving around the reconstruction of the basement. Meaning that I have not really gotten much completed.

I have been working on decluttering and Christmas gifts though and hope to have pictures of some finished projects next week.

I have been continuing to harvest the garden. Today three more containers of tomato sauce will be put in the freezer. The dehydrating of various herbs continues, today I took a bit of a rest from the dehydrating, but tomorrow it will be started once again.

I picked some peppers today and plan on using a few in our meals this week, the rest will be sliced and frozen to use in spaghetti sauce and stews this winter.

I have been watering the plants sparingly. Funny thing, most are growing very well. My Moonflowers seem to have forgotten they are supposed to bloom at night. Many of the blossoms are showing up during the day, and only two plants are showing off this year. Really it is amazing how one storm at the wrong time of the year can cause such an upset with plants.

This month will be one of using things up, getting a handle on expenses, and just getting ready for the colder weather I know will be coming.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment