Thursday, June 8, 2017

Thursday Tid Bits

Things have been pretty quiet around here lately. I have pretty much locked myself in the sewing room (well not today) and worked on sewing. I have almost finished the second pair of shorts (tomorrow will see them done) and finished one of the dresses. I hope to cut the other one out tomorrow. Mind you I picked out a brand new pattern and am always a bit leery when doing something I have never done before.

Harvey has been busy filling areas of cement that pulled away from the house, as well as cracks in the cement patio. He is hopeful that this will help with the water getting into the basement a bit.

Today I went out for lunch with a few friends. We were celebrating the 60th birthday of one of them (hence why no sewing today). I had a great time talking to them all and the visit went by way too quickly.

Tonight I hope to get a bit more done on the wrap I am making from a cream coloured yarn I found at the second hand store a while back. I had finished a triangular shawl last month and still had lots left. I do like wrapping up in a shawl or wrap on those cool spring and fall mornings and am getting quite a collection of them.

I also made up my stock up list for this weekend and will keep my eyes open for any bargains as well.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are keeping yourself busy. I'm trying to knit a tea cosy for a fired I have unpicked 5 times GRRRRRRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete