Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Something New

Today I tried something I have never made before. Lemon Chicken!! Wow is it simple to make.

My basis was a recipe that I found online with a few changes and substitutions. Mainly because I did not have all the ingredients and being on a use up what I have kick right now, I refused to go shopping.

Harvey pronounced it delicious, which is pretty high in his books.

This is a picture of the recipe I kind of switched around. It is from Delish.

Lemon Chicken

1 cup flour
coarse salt (they had Kosher salt)
ground pepper
1 tbsp. dried oregano leaves

In a bowl or shallow pan mix the above ingredients together.

1 lb boneless chicken breasts

Add the chicken to the flour mixture and coat well, then set aside.

2 tbsp. EVOO

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden and cooked through. About 6 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate to hold.

1 cup chicken broth (I used dry powder mixed with one cup water)
1/2 stick of butter (I used 1/4 of a cup)
2 cloves minced garlic (I used some ready minced garlic, about 1 tsp)
Juice of 2 lemons (I had no lemons but I had lemon juice and after looking up subbing I added 6 tbsp. of the bottled juice)
1/2 cup white wine
1 lemon sliced (I used a red onion cut in quarters).

To skillet add chicken broth, butter garlic, lemon juice, wine and season with salt if necessary. Bring to a simmer add lemon slices (I added the 1/4rd onion) and return chicken to the skillet basting with the sauce. Heat through. Serve with pasta.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment