Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday

The weeks are whizzing by. I can not believe how far into September we have come.

Just a few thrifty moves this past week.

I made tomato soup out of the ripe garden tomatoes. Forgot to get a picture of the jars and they are no residing in my freezer.

We had an excellent onion crop this year and to prevent losing some over the winter I decided to chop and vacuum pack them for the freezer.

Six bags of Spanish onions chopped and put in the freezer. The red onions were done and I managed to get 4 more bags. Next up the Walla Walla onions.

Some of the crop was put into my onion storage upstairs and some in the fridge downstairs. It looks like we will have onions for most of the winter.

Next I thought that I would cut the usable material from the holey jeans and shirts that Kurt sent home with me.

Buttons and zippers were removed to be used in other projects and the clothing disassembled. This fabric is what was salvaged and will be cut into 4" squares suitable for making quilt blocks as soon as the garden is completely harvested.

The usual mending and darning of socks took place as well.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



1 comment:

  1. You have been really busy.
    I love to put food in my freezer...
    Have a good rest of the week....

    ReplyDelete