Friday, July 28, 2023

Frugal Friday

 


Another Friday had come and almost passed us by. I missed posting yesterday as we had company, but they left early this morning.

So what frugal things have I been up to.

1. Been adding to the winter pantry. This week it has been dehydrated herbs, and 10 2 cup bags of blueberries (the blueberries were on sale at our Co-op and we finished the ones from last year).

2.  Walking every day for free and frugal exercise.

3.  Closed the drapes during the hottest portion of the day to keep the air conditioner from running steadily.

4.  The last couple of days it has been cooler and the windows have been open all night. Today the windows have been open all day since there is a cool breeze.

5.  Main dish salads made to last a few nights so I wouldn't have to cook.

6.  Used pumpkin puree that I made last year and froze to make Harvey's birthday pie.

7.  Harvey made fudge last night to use for dessert for a couple of days (we really like fudge here).


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

P.S.

I am only worried about the flour situation because I live in an urban area surrounded by farms here in Saskatchewan.... I see the stunted crops, and hear the farmers talking. Hopefully they manage to get better crops than they think, but man it is scary driving in the country right now. The "bread basket" of our country is in trouble. Those who say there is no climate change should live here and see what two years of hardly any rain or snow have done.


6 comments:

  1. I would be worried about the flour situations too. Climate change is real. Scientists are telling that this is why we are having these big heat waves, it is very concerning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your farmers are struggling at the moment. It is scary to see how different countries are suffering from heatwaves and wildfires and other natural disasters. Many people don't want to listen to what scientists are warning because they don't want to change their behaviours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the flour info. My pantry is near empty, but I'm going to stock up on flour. I do lots of baking during winter. I've slowly been adding brown rice too. I wish I had an extra freezer to freeze blueberries. It's my favorite berry & they come in handy during winter. Hope you & Harvey have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was quite chilly this morning, at 6C. I've actually closed the windows for a bit.
    I was able to pick my first tomatoes yesterday, ripened on the vine. I'm looking forward to a salad later today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do store hard winter wheat and have a grinder, but you really have to sift to get enough white flour for any fancy baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand the nay-sayers about climate change. It's obviously real and we see that every day on the news. I worry so much about our grandies and what sort of world they will be inheriting.

    ReplyDelete