Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday Ramblings

The end of the year and the end of the holiday season is almost upon us.

I actually started my 58th year today. Looking back at my 57th year I see both joy and sorrow. I lost a good friend, but also gained the chance to meet someone in person. I got to travel to 2 other countries, 4 if you count the fact that 3 countries make up the United Kingdom. I learned to loom knit, and even managed to finish a few projects started a long time ago.

I grew closer to Harvey and learned to live with him being around (it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be).

All in all it was a wonderful year and I am so looking forward to the adventures that this year will bring. Both the joys and the sorrows, for after all it is the sorrows that make the joys that much sweeter.

Now I will share with all of you my birthday presents. Of course since for some odd reason my family wraps my birthday gifts in Christmas paper and place them under the tree, you all know when I unwrap them.


Harvey bought me two more angels for my collection. These from a man who says I have too many angels to begin with.

Kris and Kurt had bought me a Kobo ereader a couple of years ago for Christmas. No matter how often Kris tells me that using my credit card on line is just fine especially on a secure site, he knows I won't purchase anything.

So..... Kris gave me a gift card to purchase more books this year. This will sure come in handy as I am running out of reading material.

Kurt takes full advantage of my love of knitting and tried to find me something to use for that purpose.

So my gift from him was this knitting bowl. I am sure enjoying not chasing my yarn across the floor!!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment