Saturday, April 26, 2014

Another Rainy Saturday

This is the start of what is supposed to be another rainy weekend, but at least the rain held off for my early morning walk.

I spent the day inside getting things in place for the upcoming week. Since I will be working in one of the school systems for three days at the beginning of the week, plus a few hours at the church, I needed to get some chores done today.

You know, those pesky every day chores....especially laundry and a bit of deep cleaning. Laundry is finally done and all folded, just waiting for me to put everything away. Tomorrow I will finish up the Monday chores and start on Tuesday's. I really like to be ahead of things.

The rest of the day, up to now, has been spent sewing. I finished one of the dresses I had cut out earlier this month.

Just a simple, light weight, ankle length summer dress. It still needs to be washed and pressed but that can wait for another week. My next project to be worked on will be another dress. The jacket I would like to sew takes a bit more work and I want to get as much sewing done as is possible. I can probably get the dress finished tomorrow and get started on the jacket the next day.

Then I tried something very new to me. I decided to make a pizza for supper from the crust up. Out came the handy, dandy bread maker. In went the crust ingredients, out came the dough. Then I spent some time topping said pizza.

 Here it is before it went in the oven. I topped it with browned Italian sausage meat, some leftover ham, sliced onion and sliced green pepper. Added the cheese and stuck it in the oven.

The masterpiece just out of the oven. Harvey loved it. I think this will become a once a month addition to our menu.

Now, well once the laundry is put away, I plan on putting up my feet, enjoying an alcoholic beverage and working on my knitting.

What a wonderfully productive day!!!!

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



1 comment:

  1. Aren't those super productive days just WONDERFUL? Way too few of them around here, lol.

    ReplyDelete