Friday, January 23, 2015

Frugal Friday

It has been rather a quiet week here on the old homestead.

Of course, I have been doing my usual frugal habits. Keeping the heat down, turning off lights in rooms when no one is in said room, and turning the heat off on our really nice days (and we have had a few of them).

However that being said I did make one great frugal move this week.

As you all know we are painting our living room and dining room and in doing so cleaning and decluttering. I put our front, lined drapes into the wash, washed and rinsed them in cold (as I do for many loads) and hung them up to dry.

Harvey had complained that even though they were lined and insulated the gaps between the panels were allowing the cold air radiating through the window to enter the living room. Hmmm, I did not want to go to the expense of buying new drapes so I decided to sew the panels together leaving the center open.

It worked great, no more openings between panels when we close them at night. Just have to wait now and see if this makes a difference.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment