Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Ramblings

This Sunday is the Feast of the Epiphany of The Lord. The day the wise men came bearing their gifts for our Savior.

We made it to Mass today even though it was and still is bitterly cold. I am so glad that we did. Father Brian stressed that Christ was first and foremost a Jew, that He came in fulfillment of the prophesy given to the Old Testament prophets. If we ever forget this we are twisting our faith into something that it is not.

Father Brian repeated something that every Pope has said for the past 50 years. The gist of it being that we as Catholics are Judaeo-Christian, our faith is forever grounded in the fact that Christ was a Jew, that Mary his mother, whom he gave us to be our mother is Jewish as well.

I can remember a talk we were having at Youth Group one night and I mentioned that Christ was a Jew and one of the youth said, "Really, I thought he was Catholic?" This lead to a further discussion and Father Brian coming in to speak to the youth. It was a lively discussion to say the least, but I am definitely sure that everyone went home with a better understanding of our faith.

Tonight I tried a new recipe....

I made this Taco Bake. I think it needs a bit more seasoning, but all in all it wasn't too bad. Lots of leftovers so we will be having another meal later this week. I may even have enough left to make a TV dinner for Kris.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. You know, I never really stopped to think about Christ being Jewish...and I'm sure that my Catholic grade school, high school and college never focused on it! I am quite certain that at least during my younger years I probably thought Christ was Catholic like me!

    ReplyDelete