Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Ramblings

This is the Second Sunday in Ordinary Time in the Church calendar.

Today the readings were all about listening for the Lord. Sort of, as Father Brian said, becoming introduced to God. Samuel heard God's voice and thought it was the voice of his master Eli. However Eli realized it was the voice of the Lord and told Samuel just to say "Here I am Lord, I'm listening." In a way Eli introduced God to Samuel.

Father Brian likened this to introducing our family to those we might know and they not know. It shows how important our family is. In this way God wishes to be introduced to us.

As usual Father Brian ended with a question. Today's question was "Who introduced you to God?" Very good question. I have been thinking about this most of the day and my answer would have to be my Mom first, my husband next and then of course the priests that I have worked with over the years. Truth be told almost everyone I have met in my life have introduced me to various aspects of God and our Savior. After all we are made in the image and likeness of God.

We taped the crown molding, chair rail, base board, windows and door today. Hopefully painting will continue tomorrow. I do have to work so I am not sure how much painting I will be able to do. Harvey will more than likely leave the chair rail for me.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment