Saturday, June 27, 2015

"My" Kids

Back many moons ago, like 6, I started being the assistant in a classroom at another school from the one I had been working at. I never thought that I would be working with the same group of students for three years. That just does not happen in our system very often.

These students all have a piece of my heart (all my students do, but this group has a bigger piece). I grew to know their likes and dislikes, the problems that some of them faced in their home lives, laughed and cried with all of them, and watched them grow and develop into students heading off to their high school lives. 

This same group graduated this year and one of the girls (Shaina) got me a ticket to attend their Grade 12 graduation.

I had mentioned that I would love to see them all before the ceremony and a rather large group came back to the elementary school on the last day. I was fortunate to be subbing and so got to see them dressed for the formal after Grad.

Here is the group that arrived at the school (a couple came a bit late and a couple did not show up).

I even got thrown into the mix at one point.

I am the very short, slightly round person (can not for the life of me believe how tall the boys...guess I should say young men....have gotten) stuck in the middle. There were lots of hugs, some tears on my part, and best wishes for whatever they decide to do in the future.

"My" kids, all grown up and ready to start the next step on their journey. Love them all.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


2 comments:

  1. brings back memories of when our two attended their proms. dd and her boyfriend (now husband) looked like a bride and groom that night. They were high school sweethearts. They all look so pretty and/or handsome.

    ReplyDelete