Friday, February 26, 2016

Frugal Friday

This week saw the usual frugal practices.

The sun was shining brightly for most of the week and with our south facing windows we were able to use solar heat most days and keep the front of the house nice and warm. In fact it is now 8:30 at night and I closed the drapes as the sun went down to keep all that nice heat in, the furnace has not yet cut in and the inside temperature is still 20 C. Got to love free heating!!!

I have managed to get into the bedroom after Harvey has dressed and made the bed to turn down the electric heat every day.

Lights are being turned off and because it has been sunny we have not needed lights on in the main part of the house for much of the day.

Used up all the leftovers in the fridge either for lunches or as a new meal at dinner. Just a few tweaks can change something into a new meal.

We have been invited to attend a birthday party tomorrow night, and because it is for one of Harv's sisters we will go. It does mean a bit of spending for a meal, but as far as a gift goes I pulled items out of my stash and even managed to get a slouchy hat knit. I will be printing out a birthday card on the computer early tomorrow.

I ran out of raisins and Harvey wanted some Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I substituted dried cherries from our trees and we have found that we like these much better. The dried cherries (our trees are a semi sour) give the cookies a bit of a bite and taste just wonderful with the oatmeal.

Baked 3 loaves of whole wheat bread this week, and I made some Rhubarb bread today.

We managed a few no spend days this week and my total no spend days is growing. Keeping out of stores saves money.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I also baked some raisin oat cookies yesterday, and like you I didn't have enough raisins left, so I used up a couple of small snack boxes that were lurking in the cupboard and added a few goji berries to make up the difference.

    ReplyDelete