Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Thrifty Tuesday

I was in our Salvation Army Thrift store and noticed some brand new socks today. Considering how darned my socks are getting (a few pairs are almost uncomfortable to walk on) I decided to grab them and after I got to the counter and found out the price wished there were more. After all how often does a person get three pairs of socks for a dollar.

It has been just over 6 weeks since I got gas in our vehicle, and I still have just over 1/4 tank. However I think when I venture out this weekend I will get the tank topped up. I wish I would have done so sooner as gas has jumped seven cents a liter overnight. Harvey and I were talking about this and decided that when the price of a barrel of oil goes up the price rises right away, but when the price falls the price seems to take forever to drop!!! Wonder why that is?

Grocery shopping is a shock to the system lately. Every time I walk into a grocery store the prices seem to have risen. I managed to get away with spending very little. I am so envious of those of you who have grocery stores that yellow sticker items. None of the shops here do so as it seems nothing really sits on the shelf for very long. However, I did manage to pick up a very few sale items now that stores here actually do the 10 for $10.00 thing. I got some crackers, chocolate chips, and stir fry veggies at really good prices.

We are wasting very little now which makes me extremely happy. Meals are thrifty and filling and I have found myself baking more over this past month. Nothing better than the smell of freshly made bread or buns. Wonder if I dare to try and make my own crackers next.

My spice and herb bottles were filled with my own herbs and spices from my fall dehydrating. They smelled wonderful. Just hope I get a bit better crop this fall as I used the last of the basil and almost all the thyme. Tomorrow I hope to grind up some sage and refill the parsley as well. Home grown and totally organic at a fraction of what it would cost to buy the same.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment