Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thursday Tid Bits

I am still congested and a bit feverish, but the thumping in my head has disappeared and I don't feel nauseous any longer. So I must be on the mend.

Today has been very quiet. I finished hemming my coat, both the coat itself and the lining. Tomorrow I will give it a good pressing, steaming out some of the fullness in the hem and then decide about the closure. Hope to have a picture up very soon.

Instead of the spaghetti and meat sauce I had planned we ended up eating the leftover chicken from Tuesdays supper. Served it with leftover rice and a package of frozen carrots from the freezer. Fast and I need fast and simple right now.

I filled the dish soap bottles today.

I am finding this method much more cost efficient then buying individual bottles. In two years I have only gone through 2 bottles and a bit of the third bottle. Rinsing out the big jug after I fill the bottles gives me at least 3 extra washes. Got to love when you can save a little cash. A dollar here and a dollar there adds up. The money thus saved can be used for something else. Like a trip, or an extremely costly electric bill.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. OOO, SO SORRY...I didn't know you were sick..sure hope you get lots better soon.
    If I lived close, I'd bring you a big bowl of loaded baked potato soup with cornbread and butter....o, and chocolate....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling a little better. I really like buying my cleaning products in bulk too as it makes it really convenient to always have a supply to top up from. It feels costly initially, but like you, I'm sure it does save money and effort in the long run.

    ReplyDelete