Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday Ramblings

Father Brian spoke today a bit more on the changing of a persons heart. That God needs a conversion of heart to work to His fullest in our life.

I stayed a bit longer after Mass in order to talk to him about my smiling when distributing Communion and how I had been approached that this was wrong. Father Brian set my mind at rest by saying "Who wouldn't be happy to share the Body of Christ with others." He also went on to say that I should pray for the person who approached me with this complaint, that the person involved needed a conversion of the heart. I feel so much better now that Father Brian has no concerns, and was indeed happy that I came to him with my concern. We had a lovely talk.

Harvey and I went to the surprise birthday celebration for his sister. Once again I felt very out of place and kind of left out. I was not included in the ladies conversations very much and when I did speak felt very much on the outside looking in. Almost as if I was being humored instead of listened to. I am slowly getting used to it, but doubt I will ever like it. Perhaps next time I will not speak at all.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jackie..I didn't know you felt that way with your husband's family. So sorry .....
    I guess we all have troubles of some sort and tonight my heart is heavy and my eyes are swollen and my nose is stopped up....mostly, my heart is hurting. Let's each say a prayer for comfort and understanding for one another......xoxo

    ReplyDelete