Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sunday Ramblings

It has been a quiet day here on the old homestead.

Harvey went to the football game in Regina with Kris. The Roughriders lost, but only by a touchdown, they made it an exciting game at the end.

Kris just sent me a text saying his Dad had dropped him off so Harvey will be home in about 2 hours and I will get to hear all about the game as soon as he walks in the door. I plan on going to the next three games as they are late ones. One we will be spending the night and probably shopping the next day. Got to get in a stock up shop before winter hits.

The last few days have been cold and windy. This means the potatoes and carrots have not been dug up as of yet. I am hoping we can get that done this coming week and then I can concentrate on getting my flower beds ready. Seems like there is always something to be done outside.

Mass went on and on today. I seems we now have a priest who likes to talk and since we started late, I got home very late as well. There have been a great many changes taking place. Now Father Anthony is celebrating Mass in all three parishes every week and the basement we spent a great deal of money on to put up screens so people could see Mass (this was done to make it safer for those who arrive late and stand with their children at the top of the church stairs) and let there children run free is being used for Children's Liturgy. What a waste of funds as far as I am concerned. Still changes will happen and perhaps things will change yet again.

I also got the wash cloths that need embroidering from Darla. I really enjoy doing these little things to make a celebration special.

Now I am off to do some reading and knitting while waiting for Harvey to get home.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. There is always work to do in the garden but it's one of my favourite places so I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete