Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesday Craziness

I was busy today, not only with regular household chores, but a couple of extra chores as well. One of which Harvey put on my to do list.

Silly me pulled out the chicken carcass from supper last night and decided to get ahead. I started a pot of stock and then while it was simmering headed out to my friends for a quick cup of coffee.

When I came back less than an hour later I found a sink full of carrots. That's right, Harvey decided to dig up the entire carrot supply. So for two hours I washed, peeled, and sliced carrots. Then came blanching and freezing. I still have a bag full (well two really if you count the ones I put aside for use over the next few weeks) that I need to peel, slice and freeze.

The kitchen did smell lovely, my back ached but it was a good ache and I did not get any work done on my cross stitch.

When all chores were done in the late afternoon I snuggled in with a book and read for a few hours. Then cleaned Kris's room as he will be home sometime tomorrow night.

Enough stock to make three batches of soup on cold and blustery days.

Fifteen bags of blanched homegrown carrots to be used in meals this winter. 

Everything is in the freezer now and I plan on sitting in my chair and working on my knitting.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. You've put up quite a bit of produce this year.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. A satisfyingly productive, day Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something so satisfying about preparing food to use through the bleaker months.

    ReplyDelete