Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Thrifty Tuesday

This week has seen me darning a few pairs of socks, fixing a few seams on Harvey's pants, and even turning a collar for the first time. Now, I don't know how often I will be doing that little chore as it is a great deal of work, but I now know why my mother turned my father's collars on his dress shirts when money was a bit tight. 

Done correctly you would never know the collar was a bit worn, and getting more use out of a fairly expensive dress shirt is, well, very much a thrifty measure. Harvey doesn't wear dress shirts very often so I expect this to be an occasional thrifty measure. My Dad on the other hand was a buyer for a rather large department store here in Canada and wore suits every single day. I can remember Mom turning the collars on his shirts almost every summer.

I also cut some old t-shirts up into rags. They were not fit to donate or even make into yarn, so a few more rags will be added to my cleaning supplies. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment