Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Progress

Yes, there has been progress on the renovations in the basement, but that isn't what I am talking about.

This morning at physiotherapy my therapist, Jenna, did the same measurements as she did at the beginning of the sessions.

There has been marked improvement in some areas, not so much in other areas. This means more work here at home. My sessions have been moved to once every two weeks which gives me time to work up to a higher hand weight, more reps and get used to playing with the theraputty.

Theraputty is much the same as silly putty, only a lot harder to work with. This is to help with strengthening my fingers and grip. I still have a ways to go in this area.

In talking to Jenna I told her that I realized I probably would never have the strength or mobility in my left wrist that I had before, but even once the therapy office figured they had helped all they could I was going to continue with the exercises. Jenna thought that was awesome as most people do not realize that quitting those exercises they have been given to do can cause a relapse. That is something I didn't realize either, I am just following Kurt's advice.

He had something similar happen. His was a torn ligament that needed surgery. As he kept on doing the exercises he gradually became able to do everything he could do before.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the same outcome.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really pleased to hear that you are making progress in your recovery. I think your attitude towards the exercises is very sensible and I wish you all the best with getting back to as near normal as possible.

    ReplyDelete