Thursday, May 31, 2018

Thursday Tidbits

The end of the month, and I did all my budget entries.

Really considering the month and all the outgoing cash for garden, yard work and my big stock up we didn't do too badly. Over all budget showed just a few dollars over and our yard budget was well under for a change. That was even with the purchase of the pear tree and the two new cherry trees.

I am hoping for better control over our spending next month, now that Harvey's man cave is pretty much done (and the supplies already bought for the remaining basic work) things should calm down in the spending department.

Harvey asked if I wanted a new couch (he noticed I fell in love with one as we were shopping for the new furniture for the basement. I told him that first I would like the carpet changed in the living room and then the new couch.... Give me two years of saving and I will almost have enough to pay for both.

We are finally getting rain. The garden is growing by leaps and bounds now that the soil is getting some moisture. It will take a bit longer for the grass seed to sprout, but as long as we don't have to water to keep the area moist I am happy. It also means our water barrel is filling up. Now if it will just rain every two weeks or so I won't have to worry about running out. That would mean our utility costs could drop a bit as well.

The next month or two will also see a lowering of our grocery costs. However fuel and entertainment costs will go up. Football season is starting, and so we shall be traveling a bit more. Perhaps it's a good thing that grocery costs will be held down.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment: