Monday, December 24, 2018

Menu Monday

Good Christmas Eve to all that celebrate. Almost the end of another year.

Monday

Lasagna and garlic bread.

Tuesday

Roast turkey, mashed potatoes, peas, stuffing, gravy, pickles, cranberries, and salad. Probably missed a few sides in the list. 

Wednesday

Homemade Turkey soup from some of the leftovers, along with sandwiches (or perhaps open faced buns. I hope to make a rather large batch of soup so as to freeze a few portions and give some to Kris and Kurt to take home.

Thursday

The boys are probably leaving tomorrow, so perhaps we should celebrate my birthday by heading out for supper. Chinese food seems like a lovely idea.

Friday

It will more than likely be a clean out the fridge night. Pretty sure there will be lots for Harvey and I to choose from.

Saturday

Leftover turkey made into something tasty, just not too sure what as of yet. Serving this with a tossed salad.

Sunday

Pork Roast, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots and the leftover salad.

Another week down and after this week only 1 day left in the year.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. This week's menu started with pork chops in mushroom gravy, roasted potatoes/yams, roasted broccoli, lazy holupchi. There were 7 of us for this meal and I'm happy to say that there were few leftovers after sending a plate home with my mom. Dinner at my SIL's tonight. I'll bring a corn salad. My young cousin is joining me for bkft this morning - French toast & sausages. Turkey dinner on Christmas day with garlic mashed potatoes, nelesnyky, broccoli salad to share with my son & his girls & my mom. Wednesday's meals will be pieced together with leftovers. There's ham, mac & cheese, pickle soup, as standbys. Taco bowls on Thursday to share with my cousin and her family. That should get me through the week. Like you say, there will be leftover turkey to be made into something, a casserole and/or soup. Desserts will be baked treats & chocolate. I had cookies with my coffee this morning. I'm committed to not over-preparing for this holiday & make do with what there is. I've been fortunate to always have enough in life. Merry Christmas, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, this year has passed so quickly, it's hard to believe it's Christmas Eve again. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't be there for your Christmas meal as we've been invited to daughter's. Have a wonderful time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete