Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sunday Ramblings

Today we light the fourth Sunday of Advent candle in our Advent Wreaths. The time is almost here, anticipation almost overwhelms us. 

I am helping decorate the church for awhile this afternoon. It seems as if we no longer have a decorating committee to do these things and the Pastoral Council is slowly taking over things of this nature. This actually is making me think even more about handing in my resignation, the same people do things over and over again. No one stepping forward to take the place of those who are just plumb tired out or who want to take a back seat for a breather. Pastoral Council is becoming a large unwieldly body with more committees and reps than ever before. There seems to be overlap in committees to an extent that makes doing your committees work a trifle difficult. 

I think it could be just the right time (not only because of medical issues, the not knowing part cause I will find out very soon) for me to step back and really evaluate my involvement.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it's good news medically. It's always the same people who do things going. You deserve some time off now. Merry Christmas. Tx

    ReplyDelete