Saturday, July 20, 2019

A Visit to My Province

Today I though I would share my home province with all of you.

Saskatchewan is the rectangular province in the middle of Canada.

Our capital city is Regina (where Harvey is today).

Our legislature is located in this city and is on Wascana Creek. The province has made the area very into a very beautiful park where people walk, cycle, jog and picnic. I so wish it was closer to us as we live in the southeast corner of the province.

It is also the home to the RCMP training depot and Heritage Center.

Not too far away from Regina is the Quapelle Valley. Lots of small towns and farms dot the floor of the valley. 

Our provincial flower is the Tiger Lily or wild lily (the wild ones are slowly going extinct).

Saskatoon is the largest of our cities and is situated on the Saskatchewan River.

Moosejaw, just a few kilometers down the road to the west of Regina is home to our Snowbirds aerial team. These jets travel the country and the United States taking part in various air shows.

Farther to the west (almost to the next province) are the Great Sandhills. 

These abandoned grain elevators are all that is left of something that was in every Saskatchewan town, city, and village. It is hard to see them slowly but surely disappearing and larger inland grain terminals taking their place.

There is a standard joke about Saskatchewan that you can watch your dog run away for weeks the land is so flat. Not quite true as we have lots of dips and water filled coulees.

This is what we are really known for though.


Our skies are ever changing and we are known as The Land of Living Skies.

Hope you enjoyed the trip through my province.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.







5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour. I live in the next province over, Manitoba. I have seen some of the things/places you showed. I especially loved the photos of the sky. Breathtaking!!
    Myra, from Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in a lovely part of the world! Thank you for showing it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two oldest were born in Regina when my husband and I were studying there. Even though we are now in British Columbia, I have very fond memories of Regina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, thanks for the perspective.

    ReplyDelete