Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

Overall this has not really been a thrifty week. I have tried my hardest, but I guess that every so often thrift slides out the window on the old homestead. I think I just might have to close and lock that window.

Harvey has been working on making an easy access to the main electrical boxes. He has been using bits and pieces from his work room in order to do this.

He has also been spray painting various hangers and my birdcage with paint he has had on hand in that same work room.

The air conditioning was off for a few days, but it is heating up once again and the system has been getting a work out over the last couple of days.

Me, well I have been dehydrating herbs, picking bits and bobs from the garden (no strawberries as of yet the birds are snacking before the berries are even ripe). I have managed to pick a few onions, and today I cut some kale for a salad. 

I did darn a couple of pairs of socks and knit many more 4" squares from bits and bobs of yarn. I have been working steadily on the temperature blanket in order to use up even more bits and bobs of yarn. Must say it is very colourful.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for your visit...yes, i am glad i don't have to wear the old plaster cast...this one is waterproof and makes my life so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't darned socks ever .. are you able to make them smooth? I have some fussy sock wearers in the family .. one who can tell the left and right foot in his socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on the type of sock and what I am using for darning I can get a fairly flat surface.

      God bless.

      Delete