Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sunday Ramblings

We actually have air conditioning in the church now, so it came as a surprise that the Mass did not take very long. I thought it might be longer as we no longer have to contend with people fainting, or to put it bluntly sweating so much they stick to the pews. Instead we were just over an hour, more what we are used to.

While the church started off cool, by the end of the Mass it was starting to get a bit humid. Probably from all the bodies attending. I just hope we can afford to keep the air conditioning running.

Todays homily (and the gospel) was about the "Good Samaritan" and Father brought up some points that I had missed over my lifetime. I never thought of the Good Samaritan as being Christ himself, or that the denarii could in fact represent our talents and treasures. It is making me rethink the whole parable.

Once home I made my mint jelly.

Six lovely jars. I will clean them up tomorrow and store them away in the pantry. We love this on ham.

These next two photos are from yesterday and my dehydrating. The dehydrating will be going on for the next few weeks, if not longer.

Three more trays of curly leaf parsley.

One tray of oregano, there will be more.

Tomorrow I hope to dry some thyme and some mint for winter tea. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment