Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Hiking to Regain My Sanity

I am not really an extrovert and being around lots of people for a very long time drains me for days. Harvey is pretty much the same way. So on Sunday (after a full day and a half of family, some of whom drive me crazy) we took off for a hike, or two.

I love seeing the different flowers and such that grow in various areas of my country. Thought I would share some with you. I haven't figured out what they are as of yet, so if anyone knows.....fill me in.

Pretty pink stalks of flowers and one of the many white blossoms we saw.

More of those white blossoms that I know I should remember the name of but for some reason just can't.

I think these just might be bluebells. There weren't too many of these to be found beside the trail.

What would a woodland trail be without ferns, and lots of them.

The fern bed from another angle, it seemed to stretch on and on.

I think if you look closely, hiding there in the tall grasses of a pond you can make out the water lily.

We weren't the only ones enjoying all the flowers, a lovely swallowtail butterfly was there as well. None of those pictures turned out as that butterfly would land for just seconds before flitting off to land just a bit farther on. 

Every national park in Canada has these red chairs and so far in our journeys and hikes through the various parks we have found them all.

We came back to the cabin and the family reunion in a much calmer state of mind.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.














2 comments:

  1. I hope someone can name the flowers - they look lovely and, of course, they're all new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a hike to clear my mind. Flowers are beautiful but sorry I don't know them. Our bluebells are very different.

    ReplyDelete