Friday, November 29, 2019
One great thing about this kind of weather is I don't really want to leave the house for any reason. Thus frugality reigns.
1. Used up remnants of fabric to cut out more patterns. I actually managed a dress from one remnant (it will be a spring summer dress), a pair of pants from another, and a t-shirt from yet another. No real waste at all as the scraps have been put in the scrap bag.
2. Combined errands this week to save on gas and vehicle wear.
3. While this does not sound very frugal we decided to try out new places rather than the dealership for work on our vehicle. We will not use Great Canadian Oil Change as it is almost double what it costs at the dealership (would not have known this if we had not tried it out) and KalTire charges about $5 more to exchange the tires to snow tires. The good thing is KalTire is closer and the work is done much faster.
4. Using up food in the fridge freezer again this week. Just a couple of bags, but gone is gone.
5. Grocery savings for this week amounted to $25.13. Not bad considering a great many baking supplies were purchased. Even though the products were on sale, they were still more than I had really thought they would be.
Everybody have a wonderful day.