Saturday, November 30, 2019

Saturday Roundup

I just can not believe it is the end of November. Looking out the window at the snow and ice it already looks like mid winter, but inside it is toasty warm and just perfect for what I have been up to the last half of the week.

I have put my sewing to the side (did manage to finish one project though) and started my Christmas baking. I have a feeling I have once again gone a bit overboard with my list. Yet with company coming Christmas day, Kurt and Kris being home for about a week, and my Prayer Shawl ministry meeting here on Monday for a little get together I think I might be okay.

Here are a few pictures of what I have made so far.

Chocolate coconut candy in the bag in front. Almond Bark in the bags in the back.


English Shortbread, though why the recipe is called that I will never know.

Homemade peppermint candies.

Whipped Shortbread cookies decorated with red and green cherries.

Butter Tart slice, since I refuse to make tarts any more.

Nanaimo bars, my favourite.

Peanut Butter slice.

The last two still need cutting and putting in containers.

Just a few more items to make, but as Harvey has brought up the Christmas decorations and set up the tree, I will have to stop for a little bit. Hopefully I will be able to get at least the Peanut Brittle made tomorrow (if I am really lucky the Surprise toffee as well).

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





3 comments:

  1. I smiled at your English shortbread. It's usually reckoned Scottish here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made 6 sheets of peanut brittle for the seniors' lodge bake sale and for my mother's caregivers there. I was encouraged when I saw the price of a small bag of peanut brittle in a chocolate shop - $11! I made 4 x that amount for the same price. It pays to bake at home. And even though I'm making sweets, the task keeps me from idle eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness you've been busy! Everything looks good, and I'm sure it will be enjoyed by all.

    ReplyDelete