Friday, November 1, 2019

Frugal Friday

Halloween is over and we had 4 children knock on our door this year, down from the six that knocked last year. I guess that this little street has pretty much seen the last of the trick or treaters. I may just make bags up for the children that actually came (I know all of them) and keep my lights off next year. I really did enjoy seeing the children in their costumes.

Enough feeling sorry for myself.

Here are my frugal 5 for the week.

1.  Back to baking bread once again. 

2.  Using the treadmill for walking most mornings, it is just too slippery to be out and about in the morning.

3.  Another week of using up the bits and bobs in the fridge freezer. Things are slowly going down, but yet more needs using.

4.  Shopping this week I managed to cut $17.47 off my bill just using sale prices.

5.  Turned the furnace down a tiny bit (like 0.5 degrees) and will try to move it a bit lower in the coming weeks (at least while we are up and moving around, creating our own heat).

Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. We usually get only about 5 kids at Halloween but this year we got a record of 10. I think the kids who live on the road brought friends. Either way it was fun to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had 27 children this year but can't recall if that's more or less than last year. There were some really great costumes, despite the cold weather. I think we've all learned to buy costumes that fit over snow suits here in Saskatchewan. ;)

    I like my programmable thermostat. I keep it a couple of degrees cooler during the day and over night, but it turns up first thing in the morning and then again just around supper time. I like to think it has made a difference in my heating costs.

    ReplyDelete